[ltp] Re: Question on ifplugd and ACPI suspend

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:12:45 +0000

Bob Alexander wrote:
> I guess method 2 (StopServices ifplugd and StartServices ifplugd) is the
> best since case 1 could try bringing up eth0 after resuming while my
> laptop is not connected.
>
> Any comments ?

Well just got in the office and it does not work.

When I stop and restart ifplugd, this daemon senses a cable attached and
does not reconfigure the interface.

If I go with the ifup/ifdown method I risk the "resumed without a
network case" that could hang the process waiting fro DHCP ? (the
(etc/network/interfaces stanza for eth0 in my Debian box does not have
the auto keyword). Need to try ...

Bob