[ltp] Which Thinkpad to get

Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:41:11 +0200

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 17:37:21 -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On 9/29/05, Nigel Wilkinson <nigel@waspz.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hi folks
> >
> > My beloved 600E has been commandeered by my wife but I've been granted
> > permission to purchase another machine for myself. With the cash available
> > I'm looking at a 600X (650MHz) or perhaps a T22. The T22 is faster but I've
> > never seen one let alone played with one. Does anyone know how they compare
> > or have any other suggestions.
> >

> I'd get a T23 if you are looking at the old T series.  They have the
> faster CPUs, more vram, and a newer core chipset.  The T20-T22 are
> pretty much identical, so it doesn't really matter which one you get.
> I've got a T20 and it's great.

The T23 models are also better when it comes to memory upgrades. The
T22 needs old, expensive low density modules, the T23 should be able to
use the cheap, high density PC133 SO-DIMMS.

My girlfrieds T20 also has the problem that is slows down the CPU when
it runs on AC power without the battery inserted, maybe the T22 does
this too. My T23 doesn't do this.

Regards,
Tino