[ltp] tp_smapi

Timothy Murphy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 01:24:07 +0100

I've installed tp_smapi on my T20
(and modprobe-d it),
and there is a directory /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0
(and also BAT1) full of files,
but none of the files contain anything useful,
except perhaps "state" which returns "none".

Is this because tp_smapi does not work on my ThinkPad,
or is it because I have failed to take some step?

[tim@elizabeth BAT0]$ sudo cat *
cat: barcoding: No such device or address
cat: chemistry: No such device or address
cat: current_avg: No such device or address
cat: current_now: No such device or address
cat: cycle_count: No such device or address
cat: design_capacity: No such device or address
cat: design_voltage: No such device or address
cat: dump: Device or resource busy
cat: force_discharge: Function not implemented
cat: inhibit_charge_minutes: Function not implemented
cat: installed: Device or resource busy
cat: last_full_capacity: No such device or address
cat: manufacturer: No such device or address
cat: model: No such device or address
cat: power_avg: No such device or address
cat: power_now: No such device or address
cat: remaining_capacity: No such device or address
cat: serial: No such device or address
cat: start_charge_thresh: Function not implemented
none
cat: stop_charge_thresh: Function not implemented
cat: voltage: No such device or address
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366