[ltp] OSD for Thinkpad Buttons?

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:36:10 +0200

--FsscpQKzF/jJk6ya

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 02:16:47PM +0000, Daniel Baule wrote:
>=20
> I would like to have an OSD for my Thinkpad Buttons but can?t get tpb to =
work=20
> under KDE and Gentoo, because i do not have access to /dev/nvram. At the=
=20
> moment i have to change permissions for the nvram manually after each Reb=
oot.
> I then can start tpb manually and it works till the next boot.
>=20
$ ls -l /dev/nvram
crw-rw----  1 root nvram 10, 144 Mar 27 13:27 /dev/nvram

At least on Debian, you have to be in the group nvram, so try

 groups

to check if you are already in that group, if not try

 adduser USERNAME nvram

and do a *complete* relogin (If it failes, reboot before complaining=20
here;)

Regards, nusse.

--FsscpQKzF/jJk6ya

--FsscpQKzF/jJk6ya--