[ltp] Aggressive battery diagnostics on T42p, should I return these?

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:49:01 +0200

--EP0wieDxd4TSJjHq

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 04:14:09AM -0400, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
>=20
> 	Shouldn't a Pentium M laptop running at 600Mhz be getting WELL over 3-4
> hours on these batteries? It seems unrealistic that a new battery would
> give me 2 hours of life, on a laptop designed to run for multiple hours
> at a time.=20

I suggest having a look at

 grep 'present rate' /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state

while running on batteries and check the values. Mine is at 10W
while idle. Since I have a T22 with a P3 mobile 900mhz the values will
differ.

This should give you a hint wether your device consumes to much or
the batteries are damaged.

Regards, nusse.

--EP0wieDxd4TSJjHq

--EP0wieDxd4TSJjHq--