[ltp] Anyone w/ working T60 suspend/resume?

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 09:08:37 -0400

The SuSE folks say the "kernel of the day" includes the Suspend to RAM fix:

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/kernel/kotd

I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 4/3/06, Klaus Weidner <kweidner@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 05:56:05AM -0600, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> > I used suspend to disk on SuSE 10.1 beta 8 out of the box and it
> > worked (though there was a subsequent RPM issued to fix a problem with
> > the CPU speed of core 2 on resume).  Suspend to RAM did not work (on
> > wake up the screen stayed black and there was generally no disk
> > activity though keys like caps lock would flash the indicator lights).
> >  I haven't tried the various BIOS options for suspend to RAM yet.
>
> Finally got a chance to try it - the opensuse kernel 2.6.16-8 has working
> suspend/resume to disk using the SMP kernel and default kernel config.
> This was using low-level "echo disk > /sys/power/state" with the kernel
> swsuspend system, and no other SUSE tools involved (I ran this on my
> Debian system). Aaron, thanks again for the tip, this at least makes the
> T60 road-worthy :-)
>
> Here's the kernel I used:
>
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-sourc=
e/suse/src/kernel-source-2.6.16-8.src.rpm