[ltp] t41p gets damn hot

phaidros linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 04 Apr 2006 17:20:46 +0200

hi,

I got my motherboard replaced by ibm support (usb died), and installed
new system, this time ubuntu, no longer gentoo.
Now the machine is really fast "overheating". ACPI thermal sensor say
sometimes around 80-90 Celsius, which is very hot. All cpufreq gouvenors
try to set low frequency when its getting hot, but even with
"conservative" the machine shuts down because of overheating when having
usual load. I have the feeling it wasn't like that before, but I'm not
sure.
What are your experiences with temperature on heavy load? Is there a
useful cure (running always an 600-1000MHz on a 1.7GHz machine is not
useful ;) )? Could this be a hardware problem?

regards,
phaidros