[ltp] IBM T60 didn't find any network card

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 17:36:31 -0400

On 4/4/06, Sepp Depp <ibidrin@gmx.at> wrote:
> hi,
> i didn't find with the new [k]ubuntu any network card on my ibm t60
> notebook.
> what could be wrong. any suggestions.

Suggestion: send your T60 to a Redmond-loving friend and buy an older lapto=
p.

OK, but really, I think you need a pretty current kernel and/or
distro.  I'm using SuSE 10.1 beta 9 and it detected both Ethernet and
Intel 3945 wireless (beta 8 got the LAN but not wireless, and IIRC
SuSE 10 found neither).  I assume a kernel update might help you with
the LAN (because it uses the e1000 driver) -- I'm not sure where to
get that as a standalone module.  On  the wireless side, if you have
an Intel 3945 then you can get the driver, firmware, and mandatory
daemon from ipw3945.sourceforge.net (and I assume the IBM wireless
would use the driver from madwifi.sourceforge.net).

Thanks,
    Aaron