[ltp] Aggressive battery diagnostics on T42p, should I return these?

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 21:09:44 -0400

> Although 7.5hours sounds nearly fantastic to me, 5 hours should be
> easily attainable given certain adjustments. I can make my T43 draw a
> bit below 14W, and with a 77Wh battery pack (9-cell, standard edition)
> that is 5+ hours on full charge. My understanding was that PCI-e draws
> more power than PCI, so a T42 should be able to hold out measurably
> longer.
Just curious, what's your T43's hardware? when you're drawing 14w, do
you have wifi on? What screen brightness you set? I set wifi on, screen
to brightest(but already dimmed by bios setting from its AC brightness),
HDD stopped, fan stopped and not using anything, I get 17.2W, but if I
turn off wifi and dim the brightness to the lowest I *may* be able to
get it to 14w. Still curious about how you achieve your consumption. Do
you undervolt?
my T43: 1.86GHz, 1G ram, ati X300 64MB.
Jiang