[ltp] Aggressive battery diagnostics on T42p, should I return these?

Igor V. Rafienko linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:24:04 +0200 (MEST)

on Apr 4, 2006, 21:09, Jiang Qian wrote:

[ ... ]

> Just curious, what's your T43's hardware?

It's a 2669-based model.

> when you're drawing 14w, do you have wifi on? What screen brightness you
> set?

14W is with everything off (wifi, bt, brightness on minimum, gfx card in
lowerst power consumption mode, CPU at the lowest clock rate and
"light" business load (emacs + ssh) and so on).

> I set wifi on, screen to brightest(but already dimmed by bios setting
> from its AC brightness), HDD stopped, fan stopped and not using
> anything, I get 17.2W, but if I turn off wifi and dim the brightness to
> the lowest I *may* be able to get it to 14w.

That sounds about right.

> Still curious about how you achieve your consumption. Do you undervolt?

Yes, but undervoldting does not make that much of a difference.

> my T43: 1.86GHz, 1G ram, ati X300 64MB.

2Ghz here, but otherwise the same.

ivr
--
Simula-konsulent? Simsulent? "I eat Java for breakfast!".
                                            -- thorkild