[ltp] Aggressive battery diagnostics on T42p, should I return these?

Igor V. Rafienko linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:27:35 +0200 (MEST)

on Apr 5, 2006, 09:27, Chris Bainbridge wrote:

[ ... ]

> If you have a radeon card, I've heard that whether or not you use the
> ATI fglrx drivers can make a difference.

both radeon and fglrx drivers allow to set the X300 card into several
power consumption modes: rovclock / aticonfig.

> I used to have the hd spin down after a few minutes. But it takes ages
> to spin back up again, and I noticed these delays much more than any
> battery time extension.

Incidentally, spinning the hd down manually (hdparm -Y /dev/sda) works
fine, but spinning it back up again is impossible (basically my
filesystems become unreadable. The behaviour is consistent/reproduceable).
Does anyone else experience that?

ivr
--
Simula-konsulent? Simsulent? "I eat Java for breakfast!".
                                            -- thorkild