[ltp] Aggressive battery diagnostics on T42p, should I return these?

Igor V. Rafienko linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:39:14 +0200 (MEST)

on Apr 5, 2006, 08:34, Jiang Qian wrote:

[ ... spindown woes on T43 ]

> No I haven't. I can both spin down and spin back up.

With which commands, exactly?

> What's your kernel version and patch you applied?

2.6.15-gentoo-r5 + undervolting/fan control through ibm_acpi. ata
passthrough patch is already included (I do not feel like testing 2.6.16,
because I cannot use fglrx with it (yes, I am aware that there are patches
for that too)).

> Can you suspend-to-ram?

Yes.

> Have you taken a
> look at this page and fixed the various malaise mentioned there?
> http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problems_with_SATA_and_Linux

Yes.

DMA, suspend-to-ram and all the other goodies work.

ivr
--
Simula-konsulent? Simsulent? "I eat Java for breakfast!".
                                            -- thorkild