[ltp] Direct Rendering's affect on battery life?

Michael Kamper linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 05 Apr 2006 22:09:23 +0200

Laurent Gilson wrote:

> 1. the DRI/DRM-part of the driver keeps the CPU awake even if there is
> nothing to do. The CPU will switch to lower frequencies w/o any problems,
> but it will stay in the first 1-2 C-States. W/o DRI/DRM it can enter C3 or
> even C4 which reduce the power needed to run the CPU.

I have a X31 with a Radeon 7000, that will also never enter C3 or C4
when DRI is enabled. :(
Do you know if this issue will ever be solved? Maybe any way to contact
the authors? It's a pity, I cannot use dri and save battery at the same
time.

Michael