[ltp] Aggressive battery diagnostics on T42p, should I return these?

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 21:22:11 -0400

I'd clarify that when I say spin down works I did hdparm -y /dev/sda.
I also use
hdparm -B 128 -S 1 /dev/sda
to make it spin down with 5 seconds of inaction, used with laptop mode
to spin down hard drive.
However, occasional this does not spin down the hard drive only park the
head after 5 seconds. I have to wait for a while, sometimes as much as
minutes, before it spin down again. the reason for these I have never
resolved. I'm also using 2.6.15.7 with suspend to ram patch.
Jiang