[ltp] Black screen

David linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 06 Apr 2006 07:29:24 -0500

Good morning all,   This is an old problem but I have forgotten the
solution. Ravages of age I guess.

About 18 or so months ago I was given a TP 600e. I installed SuSE 9.3
and had a problem that the LCD would go off and would not come back. It
would stay black. I found the solution in this list. Well the TP only
had a 6g harddrive and that was fine for a while. I bought a 30g and
tried to clone it with ghost. I have done this a number of times but
this time the original drive failed during the cloning. I just went
ahead and installed the 9.3 again, but the black screen problem is back.
I cannot remember how this was solved.

Symptoms   When the laptop sits idle for a while the screen shuts down
and the only way to bring it back is to go into hibernation and then
out. I know the answer is her but I cannot locte it. Will someone please
refresh my memory?

David