[ltp] Direct Rendering's affect on battery life?

Guarded Identity linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 16:48:27 -0500

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 1:13 pm, Daniel Skorka
daniel.skorka-at-stud.uni-karlsruhe.de |LinuxThinkpad| wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 10:12:56AM -0500, Guarded Identity wrote:
> > I assume DRI is nice for mplayer or something... actually, I was getting
> > by before fine without it.
>
> Um, no. Not for mplayer. There is an OpenGL driver, but you want to use
> XVideo, and that does not at all depend on DRM/DRI.

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about that comment of mine.  So I guess it's fair to
say that I just don't need DRM/DRI at all.

What do you guys use it for anyway?

- Sukant