[ltp] T41: Terminating Fglrx causes Radeon FB to be mangled

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:56:12 +0200

At Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:42:39 +0200,
Michael Gaber wrote:
> no problem with that, using mergedFB and the mergednonrectangular
> option in xorg.conf if the screens have different sizes

OK, I just switched to the x.org driver and got dual-head to work.
"mergedFB", however, is not what I need: it's a substitute for Xinerama
which uses two or more displays to display one single large desktop.

Now, what doesn't work is DVI but this could be due to a hardware issue
as well: I see no image on screen even during startup of the machine.
I'll probably investigate this some other time.  It has worked before.

--
Felix E. Klee