[ltp] [ANN] tp_smapi 0.19 adds dates, improves stability

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 17:02:23 +0300

On 4/8/06, David A. Desrosiers <desrod@gnu-designs.com> wrote:
>         What I'd like to know is, why does it halve the processor
> speed when loaded? This presents a problem when trying to drain the
> battery as fast as possible to exercise it. Is this intentional?

Can you please post a detailed, reproducible description of the problem?

BTW, my understanding is that "exercising" the battery by cycling it
will wear it down badly. Working on the last few percents of capacity
(i.e., low voltage operation) is especially bad for Li-Ion batteries.

  Shem