[ltp] [ANN] tp_smapi 0.19 adds dates, improves stability

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 20:39:10 +0300

On 4/8/06, David A. Desrosiers <desrod@gnu-designs.com> wrote:

> the system just drains to 0%

Try avoiding the drain down to 0%, the resulting low voltage damages
the battery. Switch batteries earlier.

>          With _nothing_ loaded, screen at its dimmest value, no usb, no
> wireless, no bluetooth, CPU at 600Mhz, the mW consumption is about
> 15mWh to 17mWh. I can't seem to get it any lower, unless I disable the
> LCD altogether, or take out the only hard drive in the machine.

71280 mWh / 17W (if that's what you meant) should get you over 4 hours.

>          I've been shopping for one of those universal laptop batteries
> like the one APC sells, which feeds 80W to 130W of power to the laptop
> (and other chargeable devices).

I suspect you're confusing power (Watt) with charge/capacity (Watt-hour).

  Shem