[ltp] R51 LCD or Motherboard Hardware issue

Luis Arauz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 21:53:49 -0500

------=_Part_1277_22183433.1144551229644

Hi All,

  Ive got a Thinkpad R51. The problem is, if i push down on the left side o=
the palm rest, while on
a soft
surface (ie lap, some uneven table) or picking it up and twisting a
bit (left side down and
right side up) the screen goes black and all harddrive activity stops. I
have to twist it back in the
opposite direction for it to come back. Sometimes though it will mess up th=
screen and
lock the system.

I took apart the laptop and looked at the lcd connector and pushed it in
secure and
tightened all the screws that were loose on the board.  it stopped for a
while but now it
is back.

im considering taking apart the whole system and rebuilding it from the
ground up and making sure
everything is secure ( I have all the service manuals), but i wanted to kno=
if anyone had any ideas
as to what it might be, how to resolve it, or any other useful tips to
resolve this problem.

thanks in advance
Luis

------=_Part_1277_22183433.1144551229644

oblem&nbsp;is, if i push down on the left side of the palm rest, while on <=
br>a soft surface&nbsp;(ie&nbsp;lap,&nbsp;some&nbsp;uneven&nbsp;table)&nbsp=
;or&nbsp;picking&nbsp;it&nbsp;up&nbsp;and&nbsp;twisting&nbsp;a&nbsp;bit&nbs=
p;(left&nbsp;side&nbsp;down&nbsp;and&nbsp;
arddrive activity stops. I have to twist it back in the <br>opposite direct=
ion for it to come back. Sometimes though it will mess up the screen and <b=
r>lock the system.<br>
 it in secure and <br>tightened all the screws that were loose on the board=
g taking apart the whole system and rebuilding it from the ground up and ma=
king sure
 know if anyone had any ideas <br>as to what it might be, how to resolve it=
, or any other useful tips to resolve  this problem.<br><br>thanks in advan=
ce

------=_Part_1277_22183433.1144551229644--