[ltp] Starting of second x-server: DRI fails

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 09:15:19 +0200

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 12:01:57PM +0200, Dorpm?ller wrote:
> > Why do you need a second xserver? Have you tried Xnest?
>=20
> I need it to start applications with 16bpp colour depth.
=46rom man 1 Xnest:
 This option specifies the default visual depth of the nested
 server. The depth of the default visual of the nested server need
 not be the same as the depth of the default visual of the real
 server; although, it has to be supported by the real server. See
 xdpyinfo for a list of supported visual depths on the real server
 before starting Xnest.
>=20
> Haven?t tried Xnest until yet. Do you know a good HOWTO for it?

Xnest -display :1&
DISPLAY=3D:1 xterm

Regards, nusse.

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j