[ltp] undervolt: speedstep-centrino as module

Marcus Obst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:34:18 +0200

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 07:10:06PM +0100, Damien Challet wrote:

> > > Does anyone knows how to compile the module speedstep-centrino.ko once a
> > > patch for undervolting has been applied? This would make it possible not
> > > to recompile everything.
> >
> > Isn't make smart enough to figure that out for you?
>
> maybe I am not smart enough to make make figure that out for me. Obviously the
I think make should do...

    $ cd /usr/src/linux
    $ touch arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/speedstep-centrino.c
    $ make modules
        CHK     include/linux/version.h
        CC [M]  arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/speedstep-centrino.o
        Building modules, stage 2.
        MODPOST
        LD [M]  arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/speedstep-centrino.ko
    $

  Best regards from Chemnitz/Germany!
  Marcus