[ltp] Report: Gentoo on X60

Dario Lopez-Kästen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:36:40 +0200

Adam Gołębiowski said the following on 2006-04-10 20:56:
> 2006/4/10, Dario Lopez-Kästen <dario@ita.chalmers.se>:
>
>>* If you want framebuffer, do not use the vesafb-tng, I could not make
>>it work. vesafb works perfectly.
>

> What did vesafb-tng complain about? How did you tried ot enable it?
> What did /proc/fb0/modes contain?

Actually I never looked at it's logs, I could not go on with the
installation (just blank screen with all the text concetrated to a
single line of pixels at the top of the screen), so I chose vesafb and
it worked the firts time.

I used video=vesafb:mtrr:3,ywrap,1024x768-32@60 in GRUB

with vesafb I have:

  vga=0x318 video=vesafb:mtrr:3,ywrap

and it works.

> BTW: have you tried radeonfb?

No, as I expplained in another reply, I was not aware that the X60 had a
radeon family of cards. All the data I have (even in lspci) claims it is
a Inte 945GM Express graphics adaptor.

/dario

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley