[ltp] Suspend and resume at a particular time?

Damien Challet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:40:01 +0100

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 17:00, Norman Walsh wrote:
> Suspend (to RAM) with Fn-F4 works like a charm on my T42p running a
> modern Ubuntu.
>
> It occurred to me a couple of mornings ago as I waited for my machine
> to grovel through a few hundred email messages, rebuild the locate
> database, etc. that if I could just tell the darned thing to wake-up
> on its own at say 5:00a, all these things would be finished before I
> even got out of bed (well, on most days, anyway).
>
> Can do?

In the old thinkpads (600 etc) days, it was possible to set a wake-up time
with tpctl. I would be very interested to know how to do it with acpi.

what is this list could be useful? I do not see a clock device there.

cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
Device  Sleep state     Status
 LID       3            * enabled
SLPB       3            * enabled