[ltp] How to control USB mouse speed

Osho GG linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:48:44 -0700

Hi,

I have couple of different wireless optical mouse that I use with
Thinkpad T42p. The first is a bluetooth Logitech mouse that I use at
home and on the road. This works great as T42p has a built-in
bluetooth receiver. The second is a wireless optical mouse that I use
in my office (which is not bluetooth). This has a wireless receiver
that is plugged into the docking station's USB port. The second mouse
moves a lot faster for the same movement than the bluetooth mouse.

If I change the acceleration setting in KDE's Control module for mouse
it effects all the mices (track-point + touchpad + Bluetooth mouse +
USB mouse). How can I control the speed of only the USB mouse??

thanks,
Osho