[ltp] ATI driver 8.24.8 support T60 chip!

Klaus Weidner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:47:35 -0500

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 02:22:54PM -0400, Jiang Qian wrote:
> ATI just released their 8.24.8 driver and it supports the X1300 and
> X1400 on the T60. Now if people can get the suspend-to-ram to work T60
> would be fully functional! Although I don't have a machine but it's good
> to see it supported.

Thanks for the tip, I tried it on my T60, 2D mode only (I didn't want to
fiddle with the kernel module). It works for the main display, the cursor
has occasional graphical glitches but those appear harmless (I tried the
"SWCursor" option, it doesn't fix them). Unfortunately the dualhead mode
isn't usable, changes on one screen cause garbage to be drawn on the
other one.  But at least it's progress :-)

-Klaus