[ltp] Suspend and resume at a particular time?

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:19:58 +0200

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 12:00:22PM -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
>=20
> It occurred to me a couple of mornings ago as I waited for my machine
> to grovel through a few hundred email messages, rebuild the locate
> database, etc. that if I could just tell the darned thing to wake-up
> on its own at say 5:00a, all these things would be finished before I
> even got out of bed (well, on most days, anyway).
>=20
You want to have a look at anacron:
 a cron-like program that doesn't go by time
 Anacron (like `anac(h)ronistic') is a periodic command scheduler.  It
 executes commands at intervals specified in days.  Unlike cron, it
 does not assume that the system is running continuously.  It can
 therefore be used to control the execution of daily, weekly and
 monthly jobs (or anything with a period of n days), on systems that
 don't run 24 hours a day.  When installed and configured properly,
 Anacron will make sure that the commands are run at the specified
 intervals as closely as machine-uptime permits.
 .
 This package is pre-configured to execute the daily jobs of the Debian
 system. You should install this program if your system isn't powered on
 24 hours a day to make sure the maintenance jobs of other Debian packages
 are executed each day.

Regards, nusse.

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0--