[ltp] Fan never stops with xorg 6.9.0 on a T41p ? (Was: Debian, xserver-xorg_7.0.10 and T41p ?)

François Fleuret linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:29:30 +0200

François Fleuret wrote on 12 Apr 2006 08:32:36 MET:

> I have avoided upgraded the X server since 6.8.2 on my T41p since all
> the versions I tried crashed the server directly (black screen,
> machine frozen, need hard shutdown).

By removing anything fancy from my xorg.conf (DRI and dual-head), the
6.9.0 does not crash. However there is an annoying problem: the fan
never stops.

Even if the CPU remains around 45C, the fan goes on turning. The file
/proc/acpi/ibm/thermal tells me one of the temp is around 55C when it
is around 35 with my current setting, thus I guess this is the GPU ?

Any idea ?

Cheers,

--
François Fleuret                          http://cvlab.epfl.ch/~fleuret