[ltp] Re: ibm_acpi and Bluetooth

Elias Oltmanns linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:35:24 +0200

Matthias Redlich <matthias.redlich@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have compiled a new kernel version 2.6.16.5 on my IBM Thinkpad R52 and
> now I am experiencing some problems with ibm_acpi.
>
> When ibm_acpi and the Bluetooth drivers are configured as modules
> pressing Fn+F5 does not lead to USB disconnect/connect events after a
> reboot so my Bluetooth device is not discovered anymore.

What about
modprobe ibm_acpi hotkey=enable,0xffef

Here is an excerpt from linux/Documentation/ibm-acpi.txt:
----
Note that enabling ACPI events for some keys prevents their default
behavior. For example, if events for Fn-F5 are enabled, that key will
no longer enable/disable Bluetooth by itself. This can still be done
from an acpid handler for the ibm/hotkey event.
----

Hope that helps,

Elias