[ltp] Memory leak with vmalloc?

Dave Hansen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:05:24 -0700

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 21:53 +0100, Hamish Marson wrote:
> Is anyone else finding the same thing? It doesn't sem to be associated
> with susped/resume itself... Dumping /proc/meminfo before & after shows
> no loss during the suspend/resume cycle... At least not when I try by
> hand..

Module code itself sits in vmalloc'd areas, and the e1000 driver also
does some vmallocs of its own.  I'd venture a guess that one of those is
responsible, first, but no guarantees.  Putting some printks around the
vmallocs in those two places might be helpful.

I can also write you a debugging patch to print out what all of the
callers of each vmalloc area were.  Would take an hour or two to put
together...

-- Dave