[ltp] OT: Logitech V200 seven button mouse

Teemu Nikkilä linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 23:40:55 +0300

Hello,

my old mouse started to wear out, so I bought a new onefor my ThinkPad - a
Logitech V200 cordless, which has a scroll wheel that tilts left and right. I
tried to search for information on how to make these extra buttons (six and
seven?) work with X.Org, but couldn't find a solution. The really odd thing
is that with my old five button configuration, that has ZAxisMapping for
buttons 4 and 5, the "left tilt" produces "button three" action ie. I can use
it to paste text and so on.

Has someone configured a mouse with more than five buttons so that the extra
buttons can be used for instance for horizontal scrolling or for "back" and
"forward" operations in web browsers? Which protocol and what mapping should
I try?

Regards,
Teemu