[ltp] video capture software

Mon, 24 Apr 2006 23:20:17 -0400

On 4/24/06, Bert Haskins <bhaskins@chartermi.net> wrote:
> I just obtained a "like new" A22p that has the Svideo in port and I have
> not been able to find any
> video capture software ( Linux preferred, any win version ok ) for it.
> Could you give me any ideas as to where to look?
> Thanks,
>    Bert

The A series thinkpads have a Philips video decoder hooked to the
capture interface on the video chip (r128).  For Linux support, you'd
need to hack the gatos r128 driver to support the philips chip.  I'm
not sure how it was done in windows.  Presumably the A22p version of
the r128 driver on IBM's site provides a capture interface.  assuming
the driver provides a vfw (win9x) or wdm (win 2000/XP, you should be
able to use any vfw/wdm video app.

Alex