[ltp] IBM R51: The always on fan problem

Joerg Bruehe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:51:00 +0200

Hi Pasquale,

Pasquale Imbemba wrote:
> [[...]] looking for a solution to my
> IBM R51 on which I installed fedora cr 4 and whose fan is ... well...
> always on.

all I can say is that I do not have this problem:
Mine is an R51 as well (bought in March, 2005),
and I run SuSE 9.3 on it, using a default installation without any
specific manual intervention / fix.

I know that SuSE has taken care to do a good integration on IBM
Thinkpads, a colleague who watches this closely explicitly told me to
wait for 9.3 and not install 9.1 or 9.2, because of additional changes
for this integration.

So if you have some specific command I should run to check a setting and
report it to you, let me know.

Regards,
Jörg