[ltp] Re: is my usb controller dead?

come se fosse antani linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:31:13 +0000

thanks for the answer and "for the discussion" started.
I think that I'll buy a pcmcia adapter; before I try to contact IBM in
order to get support under warranty (expired in november 2005).
IMO a company like lenovo/ibm have to give something additional to his
users; the TP are very pricey and the ibm have not only to give
superior quality (mmmh... it's yet true that ibm is a lot ahead in
front of the others manufacturers?) but also super warranty support.
I think that ibm can't answer "I don't know if the user used an
etherkiller (or some other devices) that can kill the usb circuitry;
IBM, in order to answer in such way, have to get sure proof of such
facts and not only "I can't be sure what you did".
If it's impossibile to get this kind of proof, hey man! you, IBM, have
to pay; the risk in an company is also this kind of.

my 2. cents