[ltp] IBM R51: The always on fan problem

Joerg Bruehe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:49:34 +0200

Hi Pasquale,

Pasquale Imbemba wrote:
> Hi Joerg,
>
> my first distro was SuSE 7.3. It was simply horrible, because full of
> bugs. But I know SuSE's "normal" reputation and would be willing to use
> the open SuSE distro.

Well, SuSE 7.3 is years ago, and probably the number of Thinkpad users
with Linux was too low back then.

> Currently they're on ver. 10.0. Do you have any knowledge here for the
> fan matter?

sorry - no info about that.
I know a SuSE user who has likely switched to 10 already, but AFAIK he
uses a T series machine.

I propose to simply try it, at least I have heard from several sides
that current SuSE works well on Thinkpads.

Joerg

--
Joerg Bruehe  - persoenliche Aeusserung / speaking only for himself
mailto:joerg.bruehe@web.de