[ltp] Radeon/ATI driver fixed in Debian/Sid

Torsten Wolf linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:27:38 +0200

* Carlos Moffat <carlos.lst@eldiabloenlosdetalles.net> [06-04-27 16:15]:

>In case you're interested, a new version of the ATI driver was uploaded
>to Debian last night. The new version fixes (at least in my t42p) the
>freeze with Xorg 6.9/7 that had forced me to stay with 6.8.2 or the
>fglrx driver.

Thanks for the hint! I've just (again) switched to the radeon/r300
driver: DRI still works but lo! the R52 resumes both from STR and STD
flawlessly! Now the driver has to show its stability. fglrx (at least
< 8.24.8) randomly produced lockups. The performance, e.g. in torcs is
worse compared to fglrx but still acceptable. Temperature is similar,
now I'm curious whether vgaout works...

Cheers,
Torsten