[ltp] Re: is my usb controller dead?

Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:16:09 -0300

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, come se fosse antani wrote:
> You write "powered" HUB; it's a normal HUB or a special one? Do I need
> an HUB with AC adapter?? :D

You need one that is *grounded*, and since you cannot really trust the
grounding on the Thinkpad USB port (unless you do know it is good, which is
something I am not so sure about as the protections there are not that good
apparently)... you need a powered hub.

In fact this reminds me a powered hub might fix an issue I have with the T43
ports not being able to deliver 500mA to a !@#$ power-hog device I have.
Must check that out...

  Henrique Holschuh