Hdapsd lockup (WAS Re: [ltp] HDAPS support for non-Hitachi drives?)

Chris Hanson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 01 Aug 2006 20:44:24 -0400

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> That said, what about suspend2?  Did the lockups happen with kernels with
> and without the suspend2 patches?
>
> And what about libata?  Did the lockups happen only with disks under libata
> control, or also with disks under the legacy ide driver control?

Here's a data point for you:

I experienced several lockups with my system, a T60p, until I disabled
hdapsd.  The lockups occurred using linux 2.6.16 with then-current
suspend2, tp_smapi, and hdaps-protect patches.  The machine has a SATA
drive and was using the AHCI driver.

I'm currently using 2.6.17 but haven't re-enabled hdapsd, so I don't
know if the situation has improved.