Hdapsd lockup (WAS Re: [ltp] HDAPS support for non-Hitachi drives?)

Armin Hornung linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 03 Aug 2006 09:45:11 +0200

Hello!

Maybe we can narrow that problem down, to be solved in the future...

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> That said, what about suspend2?  Did the lockups happen with kernels
> with and without the suspend2 patches?
No Suspend2 used here.

Additionally, the behaviour is the same on a 2.6.16.23 Kernel with the
patch for it, or 2.6.17.4 Kernel with this patch:
http://whoopie.gmxhome.de/linux/patches/2.6.17-tj/03-hdaps_protect-20060430-for-2.6.17-tj.patch*
and the libata hotplug patch (which I honestly don't need, but the hdaps
protection patch would not apply otherwise).
Other used patches are: tp_smapi, linux-phc. But I don't think the
problem could be there, since I did not have them installed before, when
the problem was already accuring.

> And what about libata?  Did the lockups happen only with disks under
> libata control, or also with disks under the legacy ide driver
> control?
My drive is under libata control with ata_piix driver, I don't know how
to change that, however.

Best regards,
Armin

--
  --=[ www.armins-webworld.de ]==[ ICQ: #78516635 ]=--

WINDOWS - Will Install Needless Data On Whole System