[ltp] battery not charging

Atte André Jensen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 04 Aug 2006 07:18:07 +0200

Laurent Gilson wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> My new (used) T41 won't charge it's battery. I might have messed with
>> something, or missed something. How do I get the battery charging?
>
> You did try to remove the AC and plug it back in 1 min latter ?

No.

> Go into the BIOS, unplug the AC and let it run. Ignore the beeps, just
> wait for till it runs out.

I did that. I kept flashing in yellow until it died. Now it looks more
normal.

The thinkpad is 22 months old (no idea if the battery is older/newer),
and I suspect the battery hasn't been used much. When I unplug the AC
now my battery applet starts out saying 6 hours, then quite fast drops
to 3 hours. Maybe I should simply replace the battery...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte