[ltp] Z61p

Michael Olbrich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 4 Aug 2006 11:09:44 +0200

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 10:38:12PM +0200, Stefan Armbruster wrote:
> I just installed Ubuntu 6.06 on my new Thinkpad Z61p.

I have a Z61m so some things might be different for you.

> What worked out of the box:
> * SATA=20
> * X in 1920x1200 mode
> * suspend to ram

What sata drivers are you using? For me the precompiled kernel (from
debian unstable) loads the ahci module. Suspend to ram doesn't work with
that on (at least for me).

> Not yet tested:
> * Firewire

Firewire should work out of the box too.

> What doen't work so far:
> * hdaps: the kernel module shipping with Ubuntu 6.06 does not load
> [4298275.052000] hdaps: supported laptop not found!
> [4298275.052000] hdaps: driver init failed (ret=3D-6)!
> Looking at the source it seems that hdaps does not know the dmi ids of th=
e=20
> Z61p. I've added entries in http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/List_of_DMI_IDs=
=2E I=20
> tried to install the patches from  tp_smapi-0.24-test3 and got that:
> patching file drivers/hwmon/hdaps.c
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 33.
[...]

hdaps: I just added:
HDAPS_DMI_MATCH_LENOVO("ThinkPad Z61m"),
in "static int __init hdaps_init(void)" (drivers/hwmon/hdaps.c)
It works, but I think the results are inverted.

tp_smapi: Use the just released tp_smapi-0.25
if it still doesn't work: what exactly are you trying to to? patching
the kernel source or compiling a separate module?

> * hibernate: after resuming from hibernate the display shows verical stri=
pes=20
> and hangs. I upgraded to the flgrx drivers according to=20
> http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Dapper_Installation_Guide, but it=
=20
> doesn't help
> When using the VESA-X-driver, hibernate works, so there must be something=
=20
> wrong with fglrx.
>=20
> Any hints for the two things that don't work?

How about the usuall trick: switching to a text console before
suspending?

michael

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf--