[ltp] transporting suspended thinkpad

Fri, 4 Aug 2006 12:42:51 -0300

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Is it save to suspend a thinkpad (T41) and take it with me (in a bag)?

Yes, if you have enough battery AND you have not told the BIOS to wake it
up.

> IOW: Are the heads lifted from the harddisc during suspend?

Yes, the HD is fully protected (heads unloaded, not spinning).  The problem
you could have is the BIOS deciding to wake the machine up while you're
moving it around, so make triple sure that won't happen, or battery running
out.

  Henrique Holschuh