[ltp] A30/A31/A31p reload CDs

Fri, 04 Aug 2006 18:24:35 +0100

Bert Haskins wrote:
> Ya, I know,
>   I'll bet that there is no one on this list that has less love for
> wincrap than I do but like most of you I have friends and relatives
> who just don't know any better.
> Anyway, does anybody have a A30/A31/A31p W2K or XP reload CD that they
> would give up?
> Thanks,
>   Bert

I'm not sure it actually came with XP. I thought the A3x originally
shippped with W98SE!  This can be obtained for about $10 on eBay.

However, if you were to stick, say, Ubuntu 6 on it, and then change the
wallpaper, and then name the firefox icon to "Internet Explorer", would
they really notice?   :-)

Alternative: Run Win98 inside Qemu. It's actually quite stable that way.

Richard