[ltp] A30/A31/A31p reload CDs

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 04 Aug 2006 14:19:48 -0400

Richard Neill wrote:

> Bert Haskins wrote:
>
>> Ya, I know,
>>   I'll bet that there is no one on this list that has less love for
>> wincrap than I do but like most of you I have friends and relatives
>> who just don't know any better.
>> Anyway, does anybody have a A30/A31/A31p W2K or XP reload CD that they
>> would give up?
>> Thanks,
>>   Bert
>>

> I'm not sure it actually came with XP. I thought the A3x originally
> shippped with W98SE!

I have two A31s with the XP coa on the bottom and one a30 with W2k coa
and one A31 With W2K coa.

> This can be obtained for about $10 on eBay.
>
> However, if you were to stick, say, Ubuntu 6 on it, and then change
> the wallpaper, and then name the firefox icon to "Internet Explorer",
> would they really notice?   :-)

Why sure, as soon as they went for a whole week without a crash or a
virus they would know that something was wrong...... errrr right?
Your point is well taken though, quite some time ago I helped put a box
in a senior citizens assisted living center.
It runs FC2 and Netscape.
The "inmates", their term.. not mine, use it for mostly email and
viewing digital pictures.
It is powered up 24/7 and it did go down once, a squirrel got into the
xformer that supplied the center and gave up it's life to
cause a power outage.
Now if this was the (B)illy (S)teve os i.e the BSOS I'm sure that WGA
would phone home that it was
a different squirrel than the one that was in the tree when the system
was installed and therefore the only proper course
of action would be to burn the facility to the ground

Anyone that thinks that "Grannie can't run Linux" should watch these folks.

Bert