[ltp] "Lenovo preloads SUSE on ThinkPad"

ted frater linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 05 Aug 2006 14:20:04 +0100

James Knott wrote:

>Crispian Thorne wrote:
>

>>Have you guys seen this interesting snippet?
>>
>>http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS7778908329.html
>>
>>What do you think? Are they just trying to cover their arses after
>>saying they won't support Linux, or do you think it'll be for real?
>>

>ThinkPads have long been known for working well with Linux (I first
>installed Mandrake on a 760EL, back in 1999.).  Also, Lenovo is a
>Chinese company and China encourages Linux use.  Add to that IBM's
>strong support of Linux and perhaps Lenovo was encouraged to do the same.

Well
I think its very good news that Lenovo will at last bite the bullet and
have the courage to offer a choice
 ie Linux and the other !! OS.
 Now my immediate thought is,
how can we linux users support this?
ie how can we let Lenovo know I for one, would be the first to buy a new
Thinkpad IF it had Linux preinstalled.
 my answer is who in Lenovo aught to get the 1000.s of emails ? from us
users to say
YES PLEASE
 Im out in the sticks but someone might just know to whom we might just
write to say
THE SOONER THE BETTER.
 Ted Fater in Dorset UK.