[ltp] charging rate

Kasper Peeters linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 6 Aug 2006 11:56:46 +0200

Hi,

Under Linux, the charge rate of my 9-cell battery goes down rather
dramatically towards the end of the charging procedure (as low as
2000 mW). This completely confuses the gnome battery charging monitor,
as it thinks that it will take forever to finish charging. (Don't know
yet whether this happens with the ultrabay too, since I haven't
had the machine on yet while it was charging the ultrabay battery).

This never happens under Windows though. I just had such a situation
with a slow charge, so I rebooted to windows, which immediately
completed charging to the maximum, then continued to charging the
ultrabay battery, with a proper estimate of the time remaining.

Has anyone seen this behaviour? I do not have the tm_smapi module
loaded, so the battery settings are all at their defaults.

Kasper