[ltp] What to do if I suspect I've got a lemon T60?

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 6 Aug 2006 15:23:18 -0400

SuSE 10.1 Home Edition?  Do you have a URL for that?  This whole "SuSE
10.1 is unreliable" sounds like FUD to me.  Sure the distro has its
bugs, but I must have installed it 20 times on different Sun, Dell,
and IBM hardware, and the installer has never failed on me.  I find it
easy to believe that different machines have optical drives with
different specs, but pretty hard to believe that this causes the SuSE
10.1 installer to die.

Back to the topic, Whil, if you have support, I'd call IBM and see
what they make of it.  We've called in machines that crash
inexplicably and they've gone through their process and then sent out
a tech with a new motherboard or whatever.  If you don't have support,
maybe you should try to get a replacement from wherever you bought it.
 If you didn't delete the hidden partition on the disk, you should be
able to restore the factory Windows installation easily enough.

Thanks,
     Aaron