[ltp] T60 "lemon" issues appear to be resolved...

Whil Hentzen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 07 Aug 2006 15:01:15 -0500

Hi folks,

Just a heads up for anyone following my saga over the last few days
about this T60 that didn't want to load any version Linux that I tried
to throw at it.

I pulled the 2nd SDRAMM out of the machine (PC Connection stuffed a
second gig in before shipping), and since have had zero problems:

- SuSE 10.1 install - flawless
- FC5 install - flawless
- Knoppix 5 loaded onto a ramdisk ("knoppix toram") - so far, wonderful.
(a lot faster than running off the CD, too :)

So I guess I gotta call the folks at PCC and ask for a switch or a
refund. I sure hope it's just a bad SDRAMM and not an issue with putting
a second bank of memory in my specific box.

The full story at 11, just before AccuDopplerLatestNeverWrongWeather.

Thanks to everyone who had suggestions to try out.

Hardware. Who woulda thunk it? :)

Whil