[ltp] T60 power management (fglrx, aticonfig --set-powerstate )

Nils Kanning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 08 Aug 2006 14:53:00 +0200

Hello,
i'm just configuring my new T60 and i'm not quite happy with the power
consumption in battery mode.

Untill now i'm using cpufeq with the powersave governor and
laptop-mode.
I get about 2:30h battery life which is not very much compared to about
4h in windows.

I also tried "aticonfig --set-powerstate=1" (T60 with x1300). this
decreases the graphics performance but does not reduce the power
consumption in my case (latest fglrx version in debian unstable).

Maybe someone knows some trick how to get ati's powersaving working or
has other ideas how to get more battery life?

Furthermore it would be nice if other T60 users can post the output of:
cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state | grep present
when running on battery.

With debian i get about 20000mW.
In windows its about 16000mW (measured with some shareware tool - don't
know the name)

Thanks
Nils

debian unstable