[ltp] T60 "lemon" issues appear to be resolved...

Luca Ingianni linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 10:01:17 +0200

Am Montag, 7. August 2006 22:01 schrieb Whil Hentzen:
> Just a heads up for anyone following my saga over the last few days
> about this T60 that didn't want to load any version Linux that I tried
> to throw at it.
>
> I pulled the 2nd SDRAMM out of the machine (PC Connection stuffed a
> second gig in before shipping), and since have had zero problems:

I'm glad you solved it. There's nothing as annoying as these kinds of errors
that you can't really put your finger on.

Not to sound like a smartass, but you will recall that I voiced that
suspicion. Apparently Linux is more sensitive to memory issues than Windows
is, possibly especially at the high end of the adress range - in my case it
was also the second DIMM.

Have fun,
Luca